- Studying the biogenesis and differentiation of non-photosynthetic plastids in horticultural crop
Our team, headed by Professor Yunjiang Cheng and Yunliu Zeng, is dedicated to post-harvest biology and preservation technologies for horticultural products. Over the years, we have published more than 100 related results in prestigious journals such as Plant Cell and Plant Physiology. With over 20 funding supports, we have sufficient resources to carry out experiments.
The program aims to explore the regulatory mechanisms of fruit plastid differentiation and how the temperature and ethylene signal induces the kiwifruit quality, including starch, pigment, and aroma. Through high-throughput multi-omics analysis and protein modification interaction analysis involving phosphorylation, ubiquitination, and acetylation, the study seeks to provide theoretical support for the post-harvest preservation of kiwifruit. Our laboratory has established kiwifruit transgenic systems, with a full-time technician responsible for transformation. We have collected vast amounts of multi-omic data on metabolism, transcription, and protein modification, which needs further exploration. The post-harvest field presents ample opportunities and provides a complete research platform and industrial vision for scholars with passion. We invite you to join our team.
Requirements for Applicants:
- Applicants should possess a Ph.D. in biology or related fields, be below 35 years old, and have published academic papers as the first author or co-first author, preferably those with research backgrounds in transcriptional regulation and PTM regulation.
- Candidates should display a deep passion for scientific research, great ambition, serious and responsible work ethics, good independent working abilities, a sense of responsibility, and a teamwork spirit.
- Postdoctoral researchers can perform follow-up experiments based on existing big data and previous research projects or conduct independent research around the research direction mentioned above.
- The salary for postdoctoral researchers will follow relevant university regulations. Competitive salaries will be provided after passing the assessment, with annual performance rewards and scientific research achievement rewards calculated separately.
- Eligible candidates can apply for the College’s postdoctoral awards. During their stay, postdoctoral researchers can be evaluated for associate researcher or researcher titles.
- Rental subsidies are provided to solve issues with children’s enrollment and schooling.
- Outstanding performers will receive priority in applying for professional technical positions after leaving the laboratory. Candidates meeting the talent introduction conditions of the university can be appointed to corresponding teaching positions according to procedures.
We extend a warm welcome to young talents interested in our research direction to join our team. We offer excellent research topics, resources, and platforms, and encourage you to join us.
- Cover Letter (with clear research intentions)
- Curriculum vitae (including educational and research experience)
- List of publications
- Three referees’ names and contacts
- Please title your file as “Your Name + HZAU-CHFS-PD+ Your Research Lab”;
- Example: Martin Cobi+ HZAU-CHFS-PD + Zeng-Lab
- Please provide us with all the required materials as stated above. Any incomplete applications may not be considered in the search process.
- Upload all the above-mentioned documents as a single PDF file.
For any queries,
Contact: Prof. Zeng Yunliu
Address: No.1 Shizishan Street, Hongshan District, Wuhan, Hubei Province, China